A pet emergency is every owner’s worry, particularly when it occurs after 5 p.m. when many vets close for the day. You can take comfort in knowing that Deer Creek Animal Hospital provides emergency services 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Your cat or dog can be seen by your trusted veterinarian, who knows your pet's particular medical history.
- A highly trained emergency team
- Around-the-clock nursing care
- 24-hour access—call us anytime for patient status updates
We also offer critical care services for pets with life-threatening injuries and illnesses. Similar to an intensive care unit in a human hospital, we closely monitor our patients in critical care. Certified veterinary technicians monitor pets recovering from surgery or critically ill pets, providing constant attention. Equipment, such as heart monitors, IVs, feeding tubes, catheters, and oxygen, are available to help sustain life and aid in recovery.
What Constitutes a Pet Emergency?
- Trouble breathing
- Inability to put weight on leg
- Hit by a car
- Fall from a tall height
- Unconscious condition
- Repeated vomiting or dry heaves
- Bloated or distended abdomen
- Consumption of poison or chewing something dangerous
- Eye injury
- Inability to urinate or pass stool
- Hard labor, lasting longer than an hour
If you are not sure if your pet has an emergency, call us (303) 973-4200 and a nurse or doctor will assist you in determining your pet’s condition.